Webster Youth Sports Council Started in 1993, the Webster Youth Sports Council is a youth sports advocacy coalition comprised of community sports groups in Webster, N.Y. Additional members include the Webster Central School District Athletic
Directors, the Webster Community Partnership Schedule Coordinator and the Webster Commissioner of Parks Recreation. The Council represents over 6000 players and coaches living in the Webster Central School District. The Council meets 10 months per year to discuss common issues, opportunities, and participant group status. Three meetings a year, January, June and September are focused on scheduling facility space for member organizations for Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter, respectively.
The Mission of the Webster Youth Sports Council is three fold:
1. Act as the primary advocate for youth sports in Webster in promoting safety, health, wellness and sportsmanship in the Webster Community by supporting and implementing age
appropriate instructional, recreational and competitive opportunities for all skill levels.
2. Coordinate with the Webster Community Partnership, Webster Central School District and the Town of Webster to prioritize and schedule facilities for WYSC member groups use.
3. Capitalize on the unique spirit of cooperation between Webster Town, School District Athletic Departments, Community
Partnership and community sports organizations to collectively focus on identifying and implementing the most efficient and effective means of promoting participant safety, coaching
excellence, coach and player training and quality leadership in all community sports organizations.
ln support of community youth sports programs WYSC has developed the following Value Statements to help guide our actions:
1. We value the display of good sportsmanship by players,
coaches and spectators.
2. We value age appropriate practice techniques and game
3. We value the development and implementation of a Webster
wide Code of Conduct for players, Coaches and Spectators as a tool to help make youth sports more fun and meaningful for
4. We value season appropriate scheduling for all sports.
5. We value and support the concept of 'down time' for each sport.
6. We value and encourage all participants to play multiple sports as part of becoming well rounded individuals.
7. We value the need for coaching background checks and certification for all coaches to ensure participant safety and a good experience.
The Webster Youth Sports Council is excited to host a can't miss event catered to athlete wellness - The Purpose to Youth Sports.
When: - Thursday October 12th 2023
Time - 7:00 PM
Where - Webster Recreation Center - 1350 Chiyoda Drive Webster, NY 14580